Regular Dental check-ups help your dentist to help you prevent and treat decay before it causes cavities and toothache.
Dental hygiene of a child is 10 times more important than the dental hygiene of an adult. Children are more prone to cavities and other dental infections since they consume a lot of sugary food substances. As a parent or a guardian, it is your responsibility to ensure the child’s dental hygiene, since it will have an impact on his/her entire life.
Bring Your Child with You
Parramatta Green Dental is very child-friendly, and since it does not look like a clinic, you can bring your children along, when you come to visit us. We have the best audio visual systems including televisions, and a wonderful ambience. This will help your kid to spend some time with us. Occasionally, the child can be familiarised with the dentist. After sometime, they will develop a bond, which will be helpful when the child gets his first check-up.
The Check Up
A typical children’s check-up consists of the following
- Eruption of white teeth through the gum
- Checking the jaw development according to the age of the child
- Cavity check up
- Soft Tissues check-up (tongue, cheeks, lips and throat)
Dental Hygiene of the Child
Cavities and other infections might start as soon as your child is 6 months old. So it’s advisable to consider the following:
- Ensure your child brushes twice a day, with a proper toothbrush and toothpaste, as recommended by the dentist
- Avoid feeding any drink or food substance that has high sugar content before the child goes to bed. If fed, ensure thorough rinsing of the mouth and proper brushing before the child goes to sleep.
- Limit the consumption of sugary substances at night, even during the day if possible
In case of any cavities in the milk teeth or baby teeth, fluoride treatment is also provided by Parramatta Green Dental. This will help to strengthen the tooth’s surface after any surgical process. A ‘fissure sealant’ can also be applied when adult teeth emerge on the biting surface to make it stronger.
If you need any help regarding children’s dentistry, give us a call or book an appointment now.