Dental exams & cleaning
Most dental problems can be nipped off at an early stage if you visit your dentist regularly. At Parramatta Green Dental, we ensure that our clients have regular check-ups because we care about their dental health. These are a few reasons why dental examination and cleaning are vital for sound dental health.
Professional Dental Exam
A typical dental exam at Parramatta will comprise of the following.
- Normal check-up using X-Rays to detect cavities, tumours, cysts, bone loss and proper root health.
- Checking the position of the teeth and roots.
- Evaluation of the gums for any infection or disease. The bones around the gums and the teeth will also be examined.
- Detailed examination of the teeth for decay and cavities with special instruments.
- Check-up of the existing treatments like root canal, fillings, etc.
- Examination of the internal tissues in the mouth for signs of any oral cancer.
Dental cleaning is recommended every 6 months or one year depending on the amount of plaque and tartar produced on the individual’s teeth. However, a general cleaning procedure at Parramatta will always be performed by a specially trained and registered dental hygienist. A general cleaning process will be carried out for the following reasons.
- Removal of tartar that has been permanently accumulated on the surface of the teeth, which cannot be removed by brushing or flossing.
- Cleaning of plaque formed as a result of bacteria feeding on the left over food. Plaque is invisible, and that is one of the main reasons why you should visit a dentist to get your teeth checked.
- Polishing of teeth and removal of stains to make the colour lighter and brighter. Dental cleaning is also done before whitening procedures for a better effect of the treatment.
Though your teeth might look good on the outside, there might be cavities and infections that might not be visible to your eyes. Hence, we request you to have a regular dental check-up, since it will also help our dentists to identify and treat your problems with ease. If you want a dental check-up now, call us immediately and get your appointment fixed.