Dentures are removable equipment used to act as a substitute for missing teeth. In most cases elderly people whose teeth have fallen off are recommended to have dentures, since they are too old for permanent dental implants. Dentures have a lot of advantages and they do not have any side effects. They can easily be fixed or removed whenever needed by the users themselves. Generally, dentures are classified into partial dentures and full dentures.
At Parramatta Green Dental, we provide the best denture procedures available. It might take up to 4 appointments to get the dentures fixed completely, whether its full or partial dentures. Here’s how our dentists will complete the process.
- A complete check-up will be performed and any loose teeth or mobile teeth will be removed
- Other treated teeth including fillings, bridges, crowns etc. will also be checked
- Tissues in the mouth including the gums will be examined
- Impressions of bites will also be taken
- Impressions of your lower and upper teeth will be taken
- Based on these moulds, a special ‘tray’ will be designed
- Bite impression will also be taken using a wax bite block
- Impressions will be taken again using the special tray, which will be fabricated
- Based on the impressions taken, a trial denture will be made and tested
- Everything including the size, shape, colour and the bite of the denture will be tested.
- If found to be perfect, the denture will be fixed, otherwise you will have to return again
- Based on the previous appointment, adjustments will be made and the denture will be tried
- If perfect, it will be fixed temporarily.
- If there is any issue, the denture will again be sent to the lab for adjustments
- The denture will be fitted permanently
- You will be briefed on the use of dentures
After the dentures are fixed, you will be asked to visit the dentist a few times. This is done to ensure that the denture is fixed perfectly and that there are no other complications arising as a result of the fixtures.
Your trusted parramatta dentist will discuss dentures parramatta to suit each patient’s individual needs.
Call us on 02 9687 2688 To make a consultation appointment with our best dentist parramatta green dental.