Oral Health Home Care
Like charity, dental hygiene begins at home too. Everyone wants a beautiful smile and that is not very difficult to attain. All it takes is a little personal care. Personal home care begins by brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing your teeth at least once a day and eating meals at proper intervals. Here are a few tips to maintain proper dental hygiene at home.
Brushing your teeth twice a day, especially before going to bed is important. Apart from that, a proper toothbrush and fluoridated toothpaste must be used. Special toothpaste for children should be used, or a very small quantity of adult toothpaste as recommended by the dentist. We also suggest electric toothbrushes.
- Brush the teeth twice a day
- Also brush the outer, inner and the biting surfaces of the teeth
- Brush the tongue to remove bacteria and bad breath
It is recommended that you floss your teeth at least once a day. Flossing helps to remove food particles that are lodged in-between the teeth, thereby reducing the chances of cavities and infection.
- Flossing techniques differ, but you can use about 30 to 40 cm of floss every time.
- Twist the floss around your middle fingers and insert it in between your teeth.
- Once the floss is inserted, curve it to form a C Shape and move it back and forth
- If you are not sure, you can learn the technique by watching a tutorial or asking our dentists
Most people forget to rinse their mouth after meals. Rinsing after every meal is essential because it removes food particles that are trapped in the teeth. Doctors also recommend rinsing with a mouthwash, but before you do that, you should consult the dentist first.
If your dentist recommends any special home care practices, see to it that you do not neglect them. Dental aids like tongue cleaners, stimulators, irrigation devices and interdental brushes can also be used for better oral hygiene.
If you visit your dentist next time, be sure to ask him some tips about oral hygiene. Our experts are always ready to help.