Initial Dental Consultation
The initial dental consultation at Parramatta consists of a simple procedure of talking to our friendly receptionist and filling out a simple medical form. While we make sure that everyone gets a proper treatment and we want to attend to them personally, we insist you to be honest and truthful about your medical conditions and habits, since this will play a vital role in the treatments offered by us. In some cases, we might have to prescribe antibiotics too.
Here are a few procedures that will be done in the initial consultation:
- Examination of the teeth and the bite mechanism
- Checking for other restorations like crowns, bridges fillings and implants
- Examination of the gums and the bones surrounding the tooth
- Analysis of tissues in the tongue and cheek, for signs of oral cancer
- Evaluation of the jaw joint
- X-Rays will be taken to check for hidden cavities in the teeth
- Cysts or other unwanted build-up in the root will also be checked
- The position of the root and location of the teeth
- Analysis of the bone density and infections
The initial dental consultation does not take long, but you might have to wait for a while for the dentist to analyse and give the results. After this, you will be briefed on the problems, if any, and the dentist will discuss the treatment procedure with you.
Based on the diagnosis, the treatment will be carried out. Some treatments require just one or a few sittings, but there are also treatments where you will have to visit the dentist quite often. However, we make sure that the best treatment is chosen and we also make our efforts to maximise the comfort of our patients as much as we can.
A regular visit to the dentist is recommended, at least once in 6 months. If you have not visited your dentist for a while, it is advised that you undergo an initial dental consultation. Give us a call and we will get you an appointment fixed as quickly as we can.