Dental / Porcelain Veneers Parramatta
Dental veneer (also called porcelain veneer or porcelain laminates) is a very thin shell that is the same color as the teeth and is designed to cover the front surface of teeth to enhance your smile. Veneers are glued to the front of the teeth changing their length, size, color or shape.
Dental veneers can be made from porcelain or from resin composite materials. Porcelain veneers resist stains better than resin veneers and better mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth. Resin veneers are thinner and require removal of less of the tooth structure. Veneers are used both for cosmetic and functional purposes. At Parramatta Green Dental, we offer the latest veneers made of porcelain that will resemble the natural colour and texture of your teeth.
Veneers are used to
- Cover permanently stained teeth
- Hide the space between your teeth, known as Diastemas
- Correct the alignment or angular growth of teeth
- Repair teeth that are damaged by trauma
Normally, installation of veneers is done within two sittings. This is how the general procedure will take place.
- A small amount of enamel will be removed in the first appointment
- The veneers will be fitted in the second appointment
- In the first appointment, consultation procedure will take place. Issues regarding the tooth will be discussed, and the necessary treatments will be suggested
- A diagnostic ‘wax up’ of your teeth will then be made to show you how your teeth will look after the installation of veneers
- The veneers will then be made in the laboratory and a prototype will be shown to the client
- In the second appointment the veneers will be fixed
- A local anaesthetic will be given, which will numb the tooth and the gum
- The surface of the tooth will be drilled and a part of the tooth will be removed
- The impression of the veneers will now be taken using a special dental ‘putty’
- A bite impression will also be taken, so that the veneers will be fixed according to how your teeth bite
- Temporary veneers might be fitted in case extra fabrication of the veneers are needed
- Once the permanent veneers are fitted, you might be asked to visit the dentist a few more times for extra check-ups
The Fit Appointment
- The temporary veneers will be removed and the permanent ones will be fixed
- They will be adjusted using a special dental adhesive
- After it is perfect, they will set permanently
Taking care of Veneers
After the permanent veneers have been fixed, proper oral hygiene should be maintained. Follow the advice of the dentist to avoid any complications.