At Parramatta Green Dental, we strongly believe – prevention is better than cure and we try our best to advocate that to our clients. The only way to prevent dental diseases is to maintain proper oral hygiene and visit the dentist regularly.
Apart from oral hygiene, it is also essential to maintain a balanced diet and be careful of what you eat before going to bed. This is when most of the germs and bacteria will act in the mouth.
When you visit us for the first time, our dentists will provide you with a detailed dental plan, instruct you on when you need to go for a check-up. It is recommended that you follow it, because it is the first step in preventive dentistry.
Usage of Proper Dental Equipment
Use a proper toothbrush and toothpaste as recommended by your dentist. Change your toothbrush at least once a month. Electric toothbrushes can also be used since they have a greater degree of cleaning when compared to normal toothbrushes.
Use foaming fluoridated toothpaste. Kids should be given special toothpaste as recommended by the dentist. A proper mouthwash can also be used.
- Check your teeth every day and examine for any cavities or infections
- Avoid eating sweet food at night, or before going to bed
- If you experience pain in the tooth, consult your doctor as soon as you can
- Check your gums for bleeding, swelling or any other type of inflammation
- Check the tooth for discoloration
- If you undergo a trauma, do not try to pluck out the tooth. Visit the dentist immediately
Parramatta Green Dental provides appointments on the basis of emergency and we are ready to help you get your dental problems fixed. If you have not visited a dentist for a while, fix an appointment with us as soon as you can.