Sleeping with a partner who snores can be one of the worst nightmares ever. Snoring occurs at the back of the throat when the respiratory passage contracts and repairs. Though most people might not relate this to dental treatment, Parramatta Green Dental provides snoring solutions too.
Reasons for Snoring
Snoring occurs involuntarily, but it can be controlled. Here are a few reasons for snoring:
- Improper sleeping position
- Obesity and sedentary lifestyle
- Habits like smoking and drinking
- Smoking damages the lungs while alcohol damages the brain
- Sometimes, medication and problems like asthma can also cause these effects
- Other allergies that cause swelling of nasal packages
- Snoring can be temporary when you have a flu or running nose
- It is common in middle aged men who have a wider throat
- Having a narrow throat can also cause snoring
All the above problems can be controlled by consulting your doctor or changing your habits. However, it is best to consult the doctor as soon as you can.
The Worst Form of Snoring
Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) is the worst form of snoring. This type of snoring can even stop an individual’s breathing and be a threat to life. The severity of OSA differs from person to person, but it can cause very loud snoring.
Most individuals might not have an idea about OSA, since they will be deeply asleep, but keep your partner informed about this. Though OSA mostly occurs in men, a few cases of women having this condition have also been reported.
Causes of OSA:
- Obesity is the major cause of OSA
- Children who have enlarged tonsils also suffer from OSA
Treatment Offered By Parramatta
Parramatta Green Dental offers treatment to people who suffer from snoring. There is no proper medication for this, but there are a lot of products available that will help you reduce or prevent snoring by adjusting the throat. This is called a Mandibular Advancement Device.
At Parramatta Green Dental, we provide a custom device that will help in the reduction or prevention of your snoring. This will be done after our experts analyse and diagnose the reasons for your snoring.
If you want to avail treatment regarding snoring, give us a call and get your appointment fixed.