White fillings, or composite resin fillings, are a great way for people to hide the fact that they ever had a cavity in the first place.
A silver filling can be embarrassing, and it might also be allergic to some. In some cases, silver fillings also increase sensitivity. White fillings are almost invisible, and they will never show that you had a cavity. With the natural colour of the teeth, white fillings are more preferred over silver fillings lately. While they maintain the colour of your teeth, white fillings are also found to be more hygienic than the silver ones.
Parramatta Green Dental provides modern filling services for our patients. We believe in enhancing the smile of our patients while at the same time, fix their dental problems.
Uses of White Fillings
White fillings have a variety of uses. The most common use of white fillings is listed below:
- Restore original colour and structure of the tooth
- Repair teeth drilled due to cavities and other treatments
- Repair broken teeth as a result of trauma
- Used as fillings after root canals
- Can be also used for other cosmetic reasons
Advantages of White Fillings
- White fillings match the original colour of your teeth. This makes them less identifiable when compared to other fillings
- Silver fillings contain mercury which is poisonous and harmful if any reaction occurs.
- White fillings are made up of glass and plastic and do not react with any food substances. Hence they are much safer when compared to silver fillings
- White fillings can be fixed with very less drilling as opposed to the case of silver filling.
- This helps the teeth to remain stronger and also look better
- The sensitivity is less in white fillings when compared to silver ones. Metal fillings even conduct electricity.
Parramatta Green Dental provides the best fillings that are made especially for you. We will see to it that it matches your tooth colour, shape, texture and all other cosmetic requirements. Each filling is specially made according to the needs of the patient, so you can be relieved that you will get your best.
If you want to get rid of an old embarrassing filling, get in touch with Parramatta Green Dental immediately.