Wisdom Teeth Removal
One of the most common dental problems that adults face is the improper growth of wisdom teeth. Wisdom teeth grow in an adult any time between 17 to 25 years of age. However, wisdom teeth can also grow in the later stages of a person’s life. It is quite normal to experience pain when the wisdom teeth grow at the back of the mouth. This is usually successful if your mouth is big enough for the teeth to grow. But if your mouth is too small, the wisdom teeth will grow in an angular fashion or in some other way. This will sometimes impact the other tooth or gums and cause pain.
The only solution for this problem is to remove the wisdom teeth. However, there are other reasons for the removal as well. Some of them are mentioned below:
Reasons for Wisdom Teeth Removal
- No proper space for the growth of wisdom teeth
- Decay in the wisdom teeth
- Infection in the tissues surrounding the wisdom teeth
- Impaction of wisdom teeth with the adjacent teeth
- Damage of gums due to wisdom teeth
- Broken teeth as a result of trauma
Post-operative care after wisdom teeth removal
Once the wisdom teeth are removed, you will have discomfort, since the process is similar to normal extraction. Here are a few symptoms that are common and the remedies to reduce discomfort after the removal of wisdom teeth.
- There will be swelling or inflammation after the wisdom teeth gets removed. This can be reduced by keeping an ice pack on the outside portion of the cheek
- Pain killers like paracetamol or ibuprofen will be prescribed by the dentist. They have to be taken as instructed
- Sometimes, the wound will be stitched if the incision is big. You might have to remove the stitches while you go for the second appointment
- Any other medication advised by the dentist should also be taken
- If bleeding and pain persists for a long time, get back to the dentist as soon as you can
Parramatta Green Dental provides advanced wisdom teeth removal treatments that are less painful and quicker when compared to conventional ones. If you have a problem with your wisdom teeth, get in touch with us immediately.